In this short video, I answer some commonly asked questions: - Should I use 1st or 3rd person? - Should it be personal or strictly professional? - What should it include? What questions should I be asking myself?Read More
How to write the perfect LinkedIn summary in 3 steps.Read More
Is your LinkedIn headline your job title? You can do so much more to help you get noticed!
Unless you are using LinkedIn exclusively for sales for your current company, use the 20 characters available.
the job title you qualify for and WANT; and
- the skills you possess that are relevant for your next career goal.
This clip is a flashback from a presentation I did for graduate students at the American University of Paris. It covers how to effectively brand yourself and where you should do so in order to get interest from employers.
- Questions to help tell your story effectively
- Tools you should be using such as LinkedIn, and key parts of your profile to focus on (starts at minute 1:25)
- Should your resume/CV and LinkedIn profile be exactly the same? (starts at minute 5:03)
- Do you need a personal website? (starts at minute 6:35)
- Should you be writing blog posts or opinion pieces? (starts at minute 7:25)
Don’t just press the “Connect” button on LinkedIn when you want to connect with someone.
Personalize your message.
You will make a much better impression and increase your chance of getting a response to about 75%. I know this because I get responses to my personalized messages at about that rate.
Here's how to make it personal and impactful.
For sample messages and more on this topic, read the full post here: https://lnkd.in/e9AjR6P.
Contact people on LinkedIn to check on your application status, inquire about best fit, and to build a target network. Make messages personal and follow up for maximum benefit.Read More